Saturday, November 12, 2011

Notes from the Assistant Brewer

Just a few words from your humble assistant brewer:  I'd like to say thanks to Bret and the owners of Growlers for the opportunity to sharpen my brewing chops and learn "the" proper way to brew a tasty beer.  I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience and look forward to many, many more adventures in brewing at Growlers.

For those of you who are wondering...yes, it is very complicated.  Extreme temperatures, tight spaces, heavy malt sacks, TONS of spent grain...gadgets and gizmos everywhere, wet feet and clothes, sore back...but I can't think of any way I'd rather spend my days.  Just take a look at this contraption:


Trust me, you'd never figure it out, so you're better off leaving it to the professionals.  (ha)  This learning experience has been simply phenomenal and I am loving every minute.  

So what's next??  I've got big plans with BrewMaster Bret and our little brewhouse.  Next week we're getting ready to churn out the 500th batch of Growler's Beer on our 7 bbl Pub System.  We have something very special in store for our guests.  Believe me, you will not be disappointed.

And experimentals???  You might not think we would have any way to top brewing our Stone Beer with red hot rocks for the boil, but you haven't seen anything yet.  I'd like to tell y'all more about it, but you'll just have to stay tuned to the ol' blog to keep up to date as our adventures unfold.

In the mean time, you can also catch the daily highlights on Twitter @gaithersbrew (Bret) and @growlerseric (Me).

Stay thirsty, dear friends...
EDG

No comments:

Post a Comment